**PLEASE NOTE: THE INSPECTOR TRAINEE PROGRAM DOES NOT REPLACE THE TRADITIONAL QEI TRAINING AND EXAM. PLEASE CLICK ON THE BELOW LINK FOR THE QEI PROGRAM**
Inspector Trainee Program
The NAESA International Inspector Trainee Program is intended for individuals who meet the Qualifications listed in ASME QEI-1 Standard Nonmandatory B for the Qualification of Elevator Inspector Trainees and on NAESA International’s Elevator Inspector Trainee Program Guidelines. Click here to download the Inspector Trainee Program Guidelines.
If you and your employer are ready to begin the Inspector Trainee Program, you may submit your Inspector Trainee Registration to NAESA International.
For the upcoming schedule please visit the NAESA calendar: Click Here
To Get Started
Inspector Trainee Program
DOWNLOAD: Inspector Trainee Guideline
Click here for additional forms--
Download and print the Inspector Trainee Registration by clicking the link below.
Read through carefully.
The registration form and other documents that need to be signed are attached to the end of the form.
DOWNLOAD: Inspector Trainee Registration form
Upon acceptance of the completed Inspector Trainee Registration form and required documents the Trainee will be assigned to the next available training cycle once payment is received. Advance notice will be given to the trainee and mentor of the training webinar.
The fee for the Elevator Inspector Training program is $ 2,800
As part of the training program, it is expected that the trainee will have in his possession each of the codes and standards listed below. NAESA International does not provide the codes and standards to the trainee. Please be sure to get the correct version of each codebook below. There could be changes from year to year that may affect your responses.
Codebooks Required for the instruction year beginning January 1, 2024.
- ASME A17.1 - 2019 / CSA B44-19 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators (DO NOT BRING HANDBOOK)
- ASME A17.2 - 2020 Guide for Inspection of Elevators, Escalators and Moving Walks
- ASME A17.3 - 2020 Safety Code for Existing Elevators and Escalators
- ASME A18.1 – 2020 Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts
- ( only if you're from Canada) B355-19 Canadian Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts
- ASME QEI-1 -2018 Standard for the Qualification of Elevator Inspectors-
- ANSI/ASSP A10.4 - 2016 Safety Requirements for Personnel Hoists and Employee Elevators on Construction and Demolition Sites
- (only if you're from Canada) CAN/CSA-Z 185 M87 (R2021) Safety Code for Personnel Hoists
- NFPA 70 - 2020 National Electrical Code/
- (only if you're from Canada) CSA C22.1 2021 Canadian Electrical Code
- Elevator Industry Field Employees Safety Handbook – 2020
- ASME A17.6-2022 Standard for Elevator Suspension, Compensation, And Governor Systems
NAESA DOES NOT PROVIDE CODEBOOKS.
Below are some resources for purchasing required codebooks:
If you have any questions that are not addressed in the Elevator Inspector Trainee Guideline, please call our office at 360-292-4968.