The QEI Certification Exam is intended for individuals who meet the Experience Requirements as listed in ASME QEI-1 Standard for the Qulaification of Elevator Inspectors and on NAESA's QEI application. Click here to download the Experience Requirements.
If you feel you meet the requirements, you may submit your QEI application to NAESA International. YOU MUST SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE TO DEMONSTRATE YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS.
To Get Started
First, download and print the Applicant's Handbook by clicking the link below. Read through carefully. You can find the QEI Application and other documents that need to be signed in the Appendix.
Choosing a Date and Location
Next, decide whether you'd like to take the exam in a suitable location and on a date of your choosing, or at one of the dates and locations we have scheduled on theTraining Calendar.
Suitable exam locations include the office where you work, a library, community college, or testing center that provides proctoring services, or other locations as approved by NAESA International.
The fee for the Training Course and Certification Exam is $1295 and includes membership with a passing grade.
The fee for the Exam Only is $300 and requires an additional fee if membership is desired.
If you choose a location of your own, you will need to designate 2 appropriate proctors. Suitable proctors cannot be direct supervisors or friend or family members and must be willing to sign an agreement stating they are responsible and able to perform the duties of a proctor. Please refer to the Proctoring Requirements and Instructions below for more detail.
If your application is approved and we've received your payment, your exam will be scheduled. If attending an exam scheduled by NAESA, do not make travel arrangements until it's confirmed by NAESA.
NAESA does not supply codebooks. You must purchase your codebooks before the exam. The list of codebooks required for the exam can be found below along with online stores they can be purchased from.
If you have any questions that are not addressed in the Applicant Handbook, please call our office at 360-292-4968.
Codebooks Required For The QEI Exam for 2017:
1. ASME A17.1 - 2013 / CSA B44-13 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators
2. ASME A17.2 - 2014 Guide for Inspection of Elevators, Escalators and Moving Walks
3. ASME A17.3 - 2015 Safety Code for Existing Elevators and Escalators
4. ASME A18.1 - 2014 / B355-15 (R2013) Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts
5. ASME QEI-1 -2013 Standard for the Qualification of Elevator Inspectors
6. ANSI/ASSE A10.4 - 2016 / CAN/CSA-2 185. M87 (R2011) Safety Requirements for Personnel Hoists and Employee Elevators
7. NFPA 70 - 2014 / CSA C22.1 2015 National Electrical Code
8. Elevator Industry Field Employees Safety Handbook - 2015
TO ORDER COURSE MATERIALS:
- Techstreet: www.techstreet.com
- IHS: www.ihs.com
- CSA: www.csa.ca
- ASSE: www.asse.org
- Elevator World: www.elevatorbooks.com
- ASME: www.asme.org
- NFPA: www.nfpa.org