CONTINUING EDUCATION PROVIDER INFORMATION
As a benefit to NAESA-certified QEI inspectors, NAESA International has a procedure set in place to approve continuing education outside the NAESA education program. Approvals are based on the ASME QEI-1 Standard to which inspectors are certified. To be considered for approval, courses MUST present topics as listed in the QEI-1, Section 2-3(a), (b), or (c). See attached TRAINING APPROVAL MATRIX for more detailed information. Note that 0.1 CEU is equivalent to 1 hour of training and 1.0 CEUs (10 hours) is required annually.
Approved continuing education providers MUST regularly attend, in person, one of the following ASME Code Committees:
- A17 Electrical Committee
- A17 Emergency Operations Committee
- A17 Escalator and Moving Walk Committee
- A17 Existing Installations
- A17 Hoistway Committee
- A17 Hydraulic Committee
- A17 Inspections Committee
- A17 Maintenance, Repair, and Replacement Committee
- A17 Mechanical Design Committee
- A17 Elevators and Escalators A17.1/B44
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED AT LEAST 30 BUSINESS DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE TRAINING DATE:
- A COMPLETED REQUEST FOR APPROVAL FORM FOR EACH TRAINING DATE
- AN *AGENDA WHICH INCLUDES:
- A BREAKDOWN OF TOPICS BY THE QUARTER HOUR
- CLEARLY LISTED BREAK TIMES
- THE NAME OF INSTRUCTOR(S) AND THEIR SHORT BIO(S)
- THE TRAINING APPROVAL MATRIX WITH CEU AMOUNT REQUESTED FOR EACH TOPIC
*Note: If you are providing the same course with no change in the agenda multiple times throughout the year, you may submit the agenda once. The Request for Approval Form is still required for each training date.
The Executive Director may agree to review a request within 30 business days of the date of the course if a rush fee of $150 accompanies the request. This fee does not guarantee review or approval and is non-refundable.
Per the Board of Directors, a fee of $200 may be applied to each class submitted. This fee may apply even when the agenda stays the same but the class dates differ.
To cover the administrative costs associated with reviewing and approving outside continuing education requests and tracking CEUs for inspectors, a $50 per NAESA-certified inspector fee may be required. This fee is not meant to burden the inspector and is expected to be paid by the provider.
A letter indicating the CEU approval amount for each presentation or agenda as a whole will be sent to the contact person listed on the request form.
Following the completion of the course, a sign-in sheet is required to be sent to the NAESA office for CEU tracking purposes. Please note that during recertification periods, CEUs need to be verified quickly so inspectors can renew their certifications. CEUs must be recorded by June 30th, July 31st, December 31st, and January 30th. Sign-in sheets received after these dates may delay the recertification process for inspectors.
SEPARATE SIGN IN SHEETS ARE REQUIRED FOR EACH DAY OF TRAINING OR IN SOME CASES, EACH PRESENTATION. SIGN-IN SHEETS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING AND MUST MATCH THE ORIGINAL REQUEST FOR APPROVAL:
- NAME OF COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL PROVIDING THE TRAINING
- PRINTED NAME AND SIGNATURE OF THE INSTRUCTOR
- PRINTED NAMES AND SIGNATURES OF EACH ATTENDEE
- ATTENDEE QEI CERTIFICATION NUMBER (IF APPLICABLE)
- NOTES OF ATTENDEES ARRIVING LATE OR LEAVING EARLY
INSPECTORS MUST SIGN THE SIGN IN SHEETS TO RECEIVE CREDIT.
No CEUs will be granted if the information on the sign-in sheets does not match the initial request form or if any information is missing. If an administrative fee is required, CEUs will not be applied until that fee is received in the NAESA office.
Inspectors can log in to their user profiles at www.naesai.org to view their accredited CEUs.
* When NAESA reviews and after approves material for educational credit, let it be understood that NAESA does not necessarily support or agree with any opinions expressed in the content of the approved educational materials, nor does it warrant or guarantee that the information or education materials provided by the submitter or by others in the approved educational training to be fully accurate. It is understood that a NAESA representative may attend any course offered by an approved continuing education provider to assure content is following the approved training matrix content.
All documents should be sent to:
Megan Fitzmaurice, Education Program Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to:
PO Box 4367
Mankato, MN 56002